In every Indigo Road restaurant, we are committed to providing superior quality food and beverages with legendary service. Our team strives to be collaborative, compassionate, and demonstrate a strong work ethic with all of our co-workers. Internal hospitality is our priority; making sure the environment is one that is safe, fun and creative! We enjoy providing a daily pre-shift family meal in each restaurant where everyone can enjoy each other’s company before the service begins. Our culinary teams use the freshest ingredients, work closely with local farmers and fisherman, and create recipes that are approachable, yet inventive! We deliver products that are made fresh daily and use whole animal butchery in order to ensure top quality meats. Our restaurants make fresh pastas and breads in-house daily and utilize wood fire cooking to create memorable meals. Indigo Road believes that our employees are key to our success and we love to promote from within!
The Indigo Road Restaurant Group offers benefits to all full-time employees that include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Accident and Short-Term Disability Insurance. We also offer Paid Time Off, a Home Loan Assistance Program, a Hospitality School Assistant Program, and meal discounts at our sister restaurants!
Title: Line Cook
Labor Status: Non-Exempt
Supervised by: Sous Chef
As a line cook, you maintain high quality standards for each dish that is sent out. Consistency and perfection are the two things you strive for when delivering an unforgettable dining experience while working in a team-oriented environment.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Willingness to learn how to make homemade pastas and bread, on a daily basis
- Interested in learning how to cook with wood fire grills and ovens
- Interested in performing whole animal butchery techniques
- Accurately and efficiently prepares the highest quality cuisine for our guests consistent with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all DHEC regulations for cleanliness and sanitation
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven flat top range and refrigeration equipment
- Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or maintaining
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A minimum 2 years’ experience in kitchen preparation and line cook experience
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills
- Basic food cost knowledge
- Understanding and knowledge of kitchen safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to speak, read and understand basic cooking directions.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and restaurant employees
- Constant standing/walking
- Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat and water
- Occasional stooping, kneeling or crawling
- Occasional pushing, pulling, lifting or carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs, ramps
- Frequent, continual, intermittent flexing or rotation of the wrist(s) and spine
- Constant reaching, turning, and performing precision work around the kitchen area
- Constant receiving detailed information through oral communication
- Constant talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
Disclaimer: The above job description is not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities of the position, nor should it be construed as a contract. As with all positions at Indigo Road, employment is “at will” or voluntary on both the part of the employee or employer. That’s means employment can be terminated by either party with or without notice and/or with or without cause.
Indigo Road is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local laws, including but not limited to race, color, sex, ancestry, age, national origin, religion, mental or physical disability, marital status, family responsibility, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, personal appearances, tobacco use, matriculation or political affiliation, genetic information or any protected veteran status. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, promotion, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.