DISCOVER THE LIGHTS OF THE PACIFIC: MARRIOTT PUERTO VALLARTA RESORT & SPA FULLY REIMAGINES GUEST EXPERIENCE
Beloved beachfront resort caps off a two-year renovation project with upgraded infinity pool and new dining concept overlooking the Mexican Pacific
ATLANTA, GA – The Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa “Discover the Lights of the Pacific” at its fully re-imagined resort, celebrating the completion of a two-year and more than $20 million renovation project that spanned its lobby and common areas, guest rooms and suites, and, most recently, an upgraded pool and new dining concept.
Just in time for fall and winter travel, the property is unveiling a spectacular upgrade to its infinity pool, having relocated the swim-up bar for full 180-degree views of Banderas Bay and its iconic mountains. Towards the edge of the pool, towering palm trees sway to the ocean breeze, connected with festive hammocks from where to take in the Puerto Vallarta sun and sights.
By day, guests will enjoy cooling off with a beverage at Nosh, a new and more modern swim-up bar concept with a second level that serves sunset bites (and views) by night. Patrons can expect locally inspired “chilled” cuisine such as fresh tostadas piled high with bay-caught seafood.
The completion of the new pool and Nosh caps off a series of renovations that began in 2017, and includes:
• A meticulous remodel of the resort’s 433 upscale, ocean-facing guest rooms and suites. Led by G+G Interior Design, a Mexico City-based company, the designers drew their inspiration from the Jalisco region, with guest room interiors celebrating and paying homage to the natural elements that embrace Mexico’s Pacific coast. Each refurbished room boasts a streamlined yet modern aesthetic featuring sleek furniture and remodeled bathrooms with rainforest showers, granite vanity countertops with chrome fixtures, and enhanced lighting all throughout.
• A full renovation of the lobby entrance, now with an open-air layout, brightly colored contemporary furniture and swinging pods, and an ice cream parlor.
• The new Ceviche & Tequila Bar, located in the open-air lobby, with an impressive wall featuring 180 different tequilas, mescal, draft beers, and freshly prepared ceviche.
• A new raised pool deck area with cocoon daybeds and the addition of 700 new lounge chairs surrounding the infinity pool. The new Coco Bar is located under a poolside palapa serving fresh chilled coconut water and cocktails.
• Renovations to Champions Sports Bar, Mikado Japanese Restaurant and Deli Los Mangos, where guests enjoy fresh roast coffee and local snacks.
When making an online reservation, or call 1-800-721-6996. For more information, visit www.puertovallartamarriott.com
ABOUT MARRIOTT PUERTO VALLARTA RESORT & SPA
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa is situated on a sandy strip along Banderas Bay, against the stunning backdrop of the Sierra Madre Mountains. A Pacific beachfront retreat for couples, families and groups, the resort offers 405 rooms with private balconies, 28 luxurious suites, the expansive Ohtli Spa inspired in the ancient Huichol culture, six restaurants, deli, two bars, infinity pool, water sports center, Kids’ Club, with programming highlights that include a special tequila education program, complete with a proprietary brand and onsite tequilier. A charming, friendly town with an authentic Mexican vibe, Puerto Vallarta offers a vibrant culinary and arts scene, highlighted by local festivals such as the Day of the Dead, Puerto Vallarta Gourmet Festival and the Guadalupe Processions, honoring the town’s patron saint. For more information, visit www.puertovallartamarriott.com.